WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR FIRST VISIT:
The most important thing that can be accomplished on a first visit is establishing a positive rapport with your child. In order for therapy to be successful, children must be willing participants, which means there has to be a little fun. After the first visit, a brief evaluation will be written describing first impressions, and goals will be outlined. Goals will be updated every 2 to 3 months, or as needed based on progress.
BEFORE YOUR FIRST VISIT:
- A welcome packet will be sent to you via email or regular mail. This packet contains a welcome letter and several forms.
- Please return the forms to GB Speech Therapy by fax or mail prior to your first appointment. A first visit cannot be scheduled until these forms have been received.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WITH YOU ON YOUR FIRST VISIT:
- copy of the current or proposed IEP (if applicable)
- Any speech and language evaluations from within the last year.
- Any other reports from related testing (i.e. occupational therapy, neuropsychological evaluations, educational assessments, etc.)
IF YOU PLAN TO ACCESS YOUR INSURANCE, PLEASE ALSO BRING:
- Your insurance card
- A script from your child's / the client's pediatrician or physician
- A referral from your child's / the client's pediatrician or physician